Monday, February 16, 2009

Whitney Goes to First Formal Dance

Whitney finally got to wear one of her formals she bought last summer. She found two dresses on clearance that she fell in love with and when she got her check from Boise State (for winning 1st place at NHD) she didn't have it for more then an hour and went and bought her dresses. Aunt Amy helped us hem it and then we added a strip to fill in the v neck so she would feel more comfortable dancing around. Then I sewed on 9 yards of red sequins on the waist and bow. I couldn't find the right red in packages so I bought 9 yards of sequins pre-strung for $3.90 and sewed them on individually. I loved the fact that I could sit and listen to music or watch a movie and not feel like I was wasting my time. I'm already anticipating sewing sequins on her pink one I love finding bargains and being able to modify.

And her wonderful date was Collin Andrus. He's and all around good guy in sports, school, piano and singing. She was so surprised when he dropped off the pink jello with his message inside. His question said "I would be tickled pink if you would go to Senior Ball with me?" She answered him with a huge basket of dum dum suckers and a big hunk candy bar and said "I would be a dum dum not to go to Senior Ball with a Big Hunk Like You!"

Whitney had three dates for the day date because the other two girls didn't want to go sledding. They missed out, not Whitney she had triple the fun. After sledding they ate lunch at the Pita Pit and learned what baba ganoush is. It is an eggplant spread.



1 comment:

Jensen said...

Whitney, you look absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!!