Sunday, September 20, 2009

Brielle Gets Her Ears Pierced

Brielle has been asking for years to have her ears pierced. I got my ears pierced when I was 8 and I let Brinley and Whitney do the same. It was hard for me to say yes to Brielle. She had such tiny ears I didn't think her ears were big enough to hold an earring. I said she could get them done for her 9th birthday and then she changed her mind and I was glad. She said she was going to wait till she was in junior high. It didn't last. When you think about it piercings are kinda gross. The prophet had great wisdom against multiple piercings because I am amazed at the grotesqueness piercings have become. So here I am kinda sad that I gave in. My sweet little girl looks grown up.

Marking the ears with the purple pen was probably the most scary for Brielle.

Alcohol the ears down and get ready for the ouch.

They were nice and gave her the Claires Bear to hold for comfort.

1st ear not even a flinch.

Putting on the earring backs.

All done I survived.

Pretty earrings!


All smiles she's a big girl now.


1 comment:

Jensen said...

Brielle looks so grown-up. She is still as adorable as ever.